What are the benefits of hardwood flooring?
In 2017, the United States saw a 31% raise in hardwood flooring installations according to the Houzz Kitchen & Bath Study. The top motivator in the study for selecting a solid hardwood floor was the look and feel. Lacrosse Hardwood Flooring helps bring visual warmth, allergen free surfaces, and design flexibility to kitchens, bedrooms, and other living areas that other flooring products cannot create. If you are remodeling or updating your home, consider these five benefits of solid hardwood flooring:
- Long Lasting and Ecological
- Hardwood flooring not only lasts over 100 years, but it also creates a higher quality air environment. Hardwood flooring does not trap dust, dander, pollen, or other allergens like carpet does.
- All Natural
- Solid hardwood flooring has no repeating pattern. Each board is unique, unlike the manufactured, printed pattern on luxury vinyl tile (LVT) and laminates. Additionally, solid hardwood flooring is chemical free, unlike the glue and resin in LVT and laminates.
- Endless Possibilities
- The color trends for kitchens changes over the years but the good news is, so can your hardwood floor. Solid hardwood floors can be re-sanded and stained to fit current trends or desires.
- Increases the Resale Value of your Home
- Cost Effective
- Hardwood flooring can be sanded and refinished multiple times rather than replaced like with other flooring material. You can drastically change your homes look and feel by sanding your floor and applying a stain/oil that is either darker or lighter to match your next design.
As you can see, there are many benefits to having hardwood flooring. With more time spent indoors, it is important to think about how hardwood floors can bring the outdoors, inside. Not only can it be sanded and stained for a darker or lighter tone, it is also free of chemicals, hypoallergenic and lasts a lifetime. If you are wondering what species we produce at Lacrosse Hardwood Flooring, go to our products page to learn more.